Tuesday, February 13, 2007


I Corinthians 16:13-14 states:
"13Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
14Let all that you do be done in love. "

This is so appropriate for me right now since I have been thinking back on all that I experienced at MOSAIC before I left. I think it's always healthy to evaluate one's heart in light of Scripture. As I have spoken with others who were very close to the leadership at MOSAIC I see the same patterns of deception and twsiting of truth. It makes me want to pray more and more for Erwin McManus and his leadership style and his character.

I know, (but sometimes have to remind myself), that God is in control.
I know, that the timing of Robbie's blog, Ruben's blog, and MosaicOfPain's myspace has all been done in God's timing. Some have accused Robbie of leading some type of conspiracy against MOSAIC; this is not so.
Robbie NEVER contacted me regarding his Mosaic of silent sorrows....
I actually contacted him. I have been discussing Erwin and his deception for many, many years. Some things I have kept to myself. Other things I have shamefully told people out of my anger and my bitterness. I have made several attempts to meet with Erwin back in 1998 before I left and it never happened.
I assumed that Erwin did not want to meet with me, my assumption has now been verified. We, (as humans), are so emotional sometimes, and this is why its good to look at the Scriptures and measure our hearts with the Truth in The Bible and check our attitudes as well. I would like to encourage everyone who has been hurt by a leader, or a Pastor or a church to do this regularly. Stand firm in your Faith in God, when your faith in man is destroyed or questioned. Stand firm in the face of opposition, and stand firm for the Truth. Don't let emotions get the best of you, and always test your heart with His Word.

In His Grip,
Frank Loaiza
2 Corinthians 4

1Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,
2but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.
6For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is from Eric Bryant's blog:

"Knowing the great lengths he goes through to guide our community in a way that honors God and honors people and seeing him navigate through angry responses from others who disagree, I couldn't wait to hear Erwin's talk on intimacy.

The dysfunctional side of intimacy includes the way we allow jealousy, lust, and bitterness to creep into our souls."


Ladies and gentlemen, This is precisely what we mean by how a meeting with Mosaic's leadership is pointless. I am convinced that Erwin's message from two weeks ago at Mosaic, was an indirect response to the effect that Robbie's blog and this site has had. Not only on their members, but their leadership as well.

I believe Eric made these comments in response as well. Because we are exposing their mistreatment of hundreds of ex-members, we are branded as bitter, jelous, and yes, even lustful.

I personally don't care if Erwin has a church of 50,000 or 50. Either way, if people are being abused and manipulated, it is wrong. To say that we are "jelous" of their success is just sad.

Note to Mosaic's leadership:
This is not a competition. We are not attempting to "win" anything. We do not desire to be "more successful" than any other congregation. I believe that the individuals here are all Larger Kingdom Minded.

Once again, you have missed our point. We want accountability. In your own community, if a pastor committs adultery or any other "big sin," you remove them from leadership. Why would we expect any different in our demand that Erwin step down for having "Abused, mistreated, and manipulated" many previous loyal members? Why not hold him to the the same standard?

Eric, says no.

Eric, I guess Jesus
>will
come back "Ticked," as you say.

Soli Deo gloria!

Cris Aguilar said...

Frank,

Thank you for your reminders to evaluate my motives and heart, especially considering the past few weeks of activity that I have participated in regarding Mosaic. We cannot afford to allow ourselves the idea that we are not falliable but rather need to continuously ask ourselves where could we be going wrong and more importantly testing it with scripture.

Thanks for the scripture verses also... I appreciate it.